I have some ideas for the next map and would like some feedback from you all. Our style of gameplay on IH has always been Survival with a small mix of RPG elements added in. What I wish to do is build further on the RPG aspect of the server.
One part of the server that I've always felt there has been a need for is the ability to create and manage towns. That being said I'm going to be implementing a plugin called Towny that will allow you all to create towns, grow them, recruit members, and earn money.
My plan is to replace LandLord, a plugin that with every Minecraft update, I have to update which can take quite a bit of my time. It causes lag and new players who join understand it after a while, but it's definitely not a commonly known feature/plugin used on servers.
Some things about Towny for those that have never used it:
Below you will find a video from 2012 explaining the aspects of Towny. Some things will have changed since then however the explanation is still accurate and it is the best video on Towny that I know of. The prices will be different on IH.
- Land is claimed in chunks just like LandLord with every aspect being protected.
- Chunks cost the same but establishing a town costs more.
- You can create and sell plots of land to other players who wish to join your town.
- You can create a nation and recruit towns to be in said nation if you have enough residents.
- Towns do have a small upkeep fee that is taxed daily, based on # of residents/size etc. (nothing too major)
- There are commands to list every town, every resident within a town.
- Towns create a very fun gameplay experience and they bring many people together.
- (Custom Idea) As towns grow from residents building specific building types, they "level up" and every resident earns money.
I would like to hear your thoughts on this idea and I will answer any questions regarding Towny as best I can.