Exciting news - I'm posting to let everyone know that a map reset will be happening soon. I'm sure you are all well aware that Minecraft will be updating to 1.12 in the coming future (currently on pre-release 5). My goal is to have the server ready for resetting before that version is released. As far as I'm aware there isn't a set release date so if the server is ready before then, I'll reset anyway and update to 1.12 later on.
Now for those of you who haven't been around for a server reset before or if you just want to know what the term "reset" means, I'll outline it below.
Things that will get reset:
Things that don't get reset:
- The server map will be generated with a new seed and be completely new (you can download the old one, don't worry)
- McMMO, money, items, and homes are reset.
- Tier Ranks will be set to half of their original value (If you were Tier Z you will be Tier M, Tier Y -> Tier L, etc.)
Things that will be reworked in the next update:
- McMMO credits
- Ranks (Iron, Gold, Sponsor, etc.)
- Pokemon Cards (you'll be able to save and transfer these)
- Your love for the server (I hope)
I've decided to allow you to transfer one chest per player with any items that you wish. Below you will find a list of items that are not allowed to be transferred. If you bring them to the transfer area, they will be removed from your inventory automatically. Tools/cosmetics/anything else is good to go.
- Tiers and their perks (these change every reset)
- Mob Hunting
Items not tranferring:
- Diamond, Iron, Gold, Coal, Redstone, Emerald, Lapis (ores, blocks, ingots)
- Pistons (VoteCrates)
- Beacons, Nether Stars, Wither Skulls
- Shulker Boxes (all colours)
Pokemon cards are being transferred separately from items/cosmetics so do not transfer them in your chest or you will waste space for other items!
Where do I transfer my items?
- /warp transfer
- Place one chest on a wood block and put your items in the chest
- Place a sign on your chest with just your username on it
- Make sure your chest and sign are protected with /lock
I don't have an exact date for the reset but we will do our best to get it done as fast as possible! Feel free to ask questions!
- People who received items for their contributions to the 2015 Christmas Charity Drive will be able to redeem a one time kit of them once again.
- People with store ranks will get their armor kits once the map has reset.